The Couplant Experts
Drawing on over 50 years of experience in developing and manufacturing ultrasonic couplants, we are constantly expanding our couplant performance parameters to address unmet needs, improve operator safety and facilitate the ease of use of our products.
In the last three years we have developed:
- HiTempco™ high-temperature couplant (-50 to 775°F) high viscosity
- Echo Shear Wave Couplant for normal incidence shear wave
- Z+ high acoustic impedance ambient temperature couplant
- VersaSonic® high-temperature couplant (-10 to 700°F) in medium and high viscosity
- EchoTherm™ Extreme with an operating range up to 1250°F (675°C) and an auto-ignition temperature above 1300°F
- EchoPure™, a water-free, water-soluble couplant, will not frost on parts nor freeze in extremely cold conditions (-60°F), ideal for hot welds up to 350°F
- UltraSoniX™, EchoTrack™, SoniX®, ECONOgel™ formulations with no formaldehydes, glycol ether, nitrites and nitrates
- ECONOgel™ the most economical UT couplant available
- EchoMix® Single: single packet powder couplant
- Fluid couplants with low cost, water solubility and high temperature solutions
- A third-generation air-free manufacturing process
- Packaging option of an open-top 1-gallon pail
Gene Larson, Echo Ultrasonics’ founder, has been an industry pioneer since 1964 and has developed 29 industrial and seven medical ultrasonic couplants over the years. A metallurgical engineer, Gene has been a member of ASNT since 1965, and he received his NDT Level III (UT) certification in 1978. He was awarded the Pioneer in Ultrasound Award by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine in 1988 and has been awarded seven patents in the U.S., one in China and two in the European Union.
Peg Larson heads the International Sales and Finance division at Echo Ultrasonics. She has been a leader in UT couplants for more than five decades and has founded or co-founded several companies in her career, including owning and managing Sonotech, Inc., for more than 20 years. During her ownership, Sonotech became the largest UT couplant manufacturer and supplier in the world.
Marian Larson leads product management, sales and marketing at Echo Ultrasonics. She has been immersed in the non-destructive testing world since early childhood. Growing up with multiple startup NDT and medical ultrasound businesses, Marian learned about the importance of the non-destructive testing industry and the technology of ultrasound from an early age. She has been directly involved in ultrasound since the late 1980s, having attended the ultrasound program at Thomas Jefferson University after graduating from Penn State University. Marian, who has an MBA in marketing, has been awarded four patents in the U.S. and two in the European Union.
Emily Larson-Rutter leads quality management at Echo Ultrasonics and also is responsible for the company’s sales in Mexico and the Czech Republic. Having grown up in an ultrasound-focused entrepreneurial household, Emily has a deep appreciation for the role that couplants play in the non-destructive testing industry. Emily started her professional career as an educator, where she developed strong organizational and management skills and focused on providing high quality education that aligned with local, state and national educational standards. The skills she honed while teaching enabled her to successfully develop, lead and maintain Echo Ultrasonics’ ISO 9001:2015 certification process. Echo was the first manufacturer in NDT ultrasound to achieve the new ISO 9001:2015 certification.