ECONOgel™ and ECONOgel ER
ECONOgel is the the lowest cost water-soluble NDT ultrasonic couplant. Compatible with most metals, plastics and composites. ECONOgel has good ferrous corrosion inhibition.
ECONOgel ER (Extended Range) has a low freezing point, slow evaporation rate and a broader operating range.
Good ferrous corrosion inhibition and is compatible with most metals, plastics and composites.
Completely salt stable. It will not thin with corrosion salts, marine environments or highway infrastructure subjected to de-icing salts.
Environmental and operator friendly. No formaldehydes or nitrates or nitrites.
Removal: Wash with water or wipe with paper or cloth rag before couplant dries. If couplant has dried, pressure wash or use brush and running water.
pH: 8 nominal at 20°C
Halogens and sulfur: less than 50 ppm
ECONOgel Operating Temperature: 26°F to 120°F (-3.3°C to 48.8°C)
ECONOgel ER Operating Temperature: 0°F to 220°F (-18°C to 104°C)
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (T-533)
- NAVSHIPS 250-1500
- FAA-AC # 25-29 (Glycerin-free)
- ECG7: 7 gal (US) / 26.5 liter pail with lid and pour spout
- ECG55: 55 gal (US) / 208 liter drum
- ECG-ER7: 7 gal (US) / 26.5 liter pail with lid and pour spout
- ECG-ER55: 55 gal (US) / 208 liter drum