Glycerin can be used as a general purpose couplant. The viscosity and acoustic impedance are desirable for rough surfaces and highly attenuating materials. Glycerin has an acoustic impedance of 2.42 x 105 gm-cm2/sec.
Glycerin is also suitable for use in high frequency delay line inspections, high frequency delay line thickness gaging and contact transducer testing on reference standards.
Echo Ultrasonics is approved by GE as a supplier of Glycerol batch # 205 for the inspection of CFM56-7B engine fan blades in accordance with SB 72-1033. Available in 16-oz / 500 ml bottles, part number GLY-16, batch # 205.
- Packaged from USP Glycerin, 99+%
- High acoustic impedance
- Medium viscosity fluid
- Will not harden on equipment
- Compatible with plastics
- Non-toxic, non-irritating
- Contains no heavy metals, harsh surfactants, glycol ethers, nitrites, silicones, dyes or fragrances.
- Can be completely removed with mild detergent and a water wash, or water wash alone.
Glycerin can be corrosive to carbon steel and aluminum
Total Halogens ……………….. < 50 ppm
Sulfur ………………………………. < 50 ppm
- GLY-4CTN: Carton of (12) 4-oz/118 ml bottles
- GLY-1: 1-gallon/3.8 liter cubitainer, one refillable bottle
- GLY-5: 5-gallon/18.9 liter cubitainer, two refillable bottle