SoniX™ Ultrasonic Couplant
SoniX™ provides a strong, lubricious, water-soluble coupling film as a universal ambient temperature NDT ultrasonic couplant.
Strong ultrasonic coupling film strength.
Slow drying for extended inspection time.
Broad operating temperature range: 18°F to 120°F (-8°C to 50°C) for most flaw detection and thickness gaging applications.
Good ferrous corrosion inhibition; compatible with most metals, plastics and composites.
Completely salt stable; will not thin with corrosion, marine environment or highway infrastructure subjected to de-icing salts.
Safety: no formaldehyde; environmentally benign.
Environment and operator friendly – no formaldehydes, nitrates or nitrites.
Med. Viscosity: 40,000 cps LVT Spindle 4 @ 6 rpm
pH: 8 nominal at 20°C.
Operating Temperature: 18°F to 120°F (-8°C to 50°C) for most flaw detection and thickness gaging applications.
Halogens and Sulfur: less than 50 ppm.
- ASTM F519
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (T-533)
- NAVSHIPS 250-1500
- FAA-AC # 25-29 (glycerin-free)
Removal: Wash with water or wipe with paper or cloth rag before couplant dries. If couplant has dried, pressure wash or use brush and running water.
- SX1: 1 gallon/3.8 liter cubitainer, one refillable bottle
- SX5: 5 gallon/19 liter cubitainer, two refillable bottles
- SX-7: 7- gallon/26.5 liter pail with lid and pour spout
- SX-55: 55-gallon/208 liter drum