VersaSonic® is the most versatile couplant, from high temperature to turbine rotors to extreme weather inspections. VersaSonic is a low-toxicity, biodegradable couplant that does NOT contain peanut oil.
VersaSonic has a broad operating range of -10 to 700°F (-23 to 371°C).
Instantaneous ultrasonic response (does not contain plastic powders which delay ultrasonic conduction).
Multiple viscosities covering flaw, corrosion mapping and thickness gaging at high and low temperatures and in mud, snow and rain.
Ambient and low temperature coupling where corrosion inhibition is critical.
Excellent corrosion inhibitor. Provides non-toxic, superior, long-term corrosion inhibition for steel and cast iron and is compatible with other metals and most plastics. VersaSonic may be left in place unless it will interfere with subsequent manufacturing operations such as painting or electroplating.
Low environmental impact. Contains no perfluorocarbons, silicones, peanut or tree nut oils.
Available in two viscosities:
- HV: High viscosity – remains in place on surfaces and transducers
- MV: Medium viscosity – spreadable, can be bushed onto surfaces
Removal: wipe with paper or cloth rag. If complete removal is required, dish detergent and water or a chemical degreaser can be used.
HV: High viscosity: 80.54 Pa.s. at a shear rate of 2.9 seconds (TA Rheometer)
MV: Medium viscosity: 29.25 at a shear rate of 2.25 seconds (TA Rheometer)
Halogens and Sulfur less than 50 ppm.
Auto Ignition (Cleveland): Auto Ignition 788°F (420°C) under closed conditions with sustained temperature (ASTM E-659)
Operating Range. -10°F to 700°F / -23°C to 371°C.
- ASTM F519
- NAVSHIPS 250-1500
- FAA AC #25-29 (Glycerin-free)
- P91 Steel Inspection (Water-free)
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (T-533)
- Nuclear Grade (less than 50 ppm Halogens & Sulfur)
- VS-02-2: High Viscosity; package of two 2-oz/57 gram tubes
- VS-02-10: High Viscosity; Carton of (10) 2-oz. tubes
- VS-04: High Viscosity; 4-oz/114 gram tube; Quantities 1 – 9
- VS-25-HV: High Viscosity; Quart/.95 liter collapsible cubitainer, bottle, dispensing tap
- VS-1-HV: High Viscosity; Gallon/3.8 liter, collapsible cubitainer, bottle, dispensing tap
- VS-1-HV-PAIL: High Viscosity; Gallon/3.8 liter rigid, open-top plastic pail
- VS-5-HV-PAIL: High Viscosity; 5-Gallon/18.9 liter rigid pail
- VS-25-MV: Medium Viscosity; Quart/.95 liter collapsible cubitainer, bottle, dispensing tap
- VS-1-MV: Medium Viscosity; Gallon/3.8 liter collapsible cubitainer, bottle, tap; spreadable
- VS-1-HV-PAIL: Medium Viscosity; Gallon/3.8 liter rigid, open-top plastic pail
- VS-5-MV-PAIL: Medium Viscosity; 5-Gallon/18.9 liter rigid pail