EchoMix® Powder and EchoMix SINGLE UT couplants
Easily mixed in ambient temperature water in five minutes.
Provides a strong, continuous coupling film reduces transducer wear, and adheres well to vertical and Corrosion inhibition: Contains mild short term Ferrous overhead surfaces without dripping.
Reduced surface tension provides good wetting characteristics.
Salt resistant formulation. No loss in viscosity on corroded surfaces, marine parts or on boilers with salt cake.
Contains no formaldehyde. No strong odor or eye irritant from off-gassing.
Low environmental impact. No phosphates.
Compact for shipping and storage.
Easy mixing, fast gel time in ambient temperature water (5 minutes to final product).
Packaging: 1 and 5 gallon easy to open and easy to use powder packets.
Corrosion inhibition: Contains mild short term Ferrous Corrosion Inhibitors.
Viscosity of 1 gallon mixture: 23,000 CPS, Brookfield #4 Spindle, 6 rpm
Total Halogens less than 25 ppm
Sulfur less than 25 ppm
Operating Temperature: 32° – 120°F (0° – 50°C)
Working with EchoMix
To lower the freezing point to -26 F (-32 C), raise the operating temperature to 250 F and extend drying time:
- Mix the large “A” packet into two quarts of water as directed.
- DISCARD the small packet “B” and replace with two quarts of propylene glycol formula anti freeze, following the same directions for “B” packet. (“B” packet is not used when adding antifreeze) The couplant will thicken within 60 seconds; therefore, add the anti-freeze smoothly and mix completely within the 60 second window.
- Appropriate propylene glycol anti-freezes include Sierra Antifreeze coolant, Amsoil Propylene Glycol Antifreeze, Prestone Low Tox and are designated as less toxic to animal and pets.
- Do not use ethylene glycol antifreeze or methyl alcohol. These chemicals are toxic to the environment, dangerous to animals and will not work with EchoMix.
- When using propylene glycol antifreeze, the viscosity of prepared EchoMix will be higher than when mixed with 100% water. Therefore, use ½ packet for medium viscosity and 2/3 packet for high viscosity gel.
Click here to download EchoMix Mixing Instructions
- EM-S: 1 galon / 4 liter packet, 1 part
- EM-C-1GA: CLEAR 1 gallon / 4 liter packet, 2 part NO blue coloring
- EM-1GA: 1 gallon/4 liter packet, 2 part; quantities 1 – 9
- EM-1GA-10: Carton of (10) EchoMix 1 gallon /liter packets
- EM-1GA-25: Carton of (25) EchoMix 1 gallon / 4 liter packets
- EM-1GA-50: Carton of (50) EchoMix 1 gallon / 4 liter packets
- EM-1GA-100: Carton of (100) EchoMix 1 gallon / 4 liter packets
- EM-5GA: 5 gallon/20 liter packet, 2 part; quantities 1 – 4
- EM-5GA-5: Carton of (5) EchoMix 5-gallon / 20 liter packets
- EM-5GA-10: Carton of (10) EchoMix 5-gallon / 20 liter
- EM-K01: Mixing Kit: (ten) EM-1GA, 6-quart pail, lid w/ spout, mixing spoon, 2 bottles
- 02-068BT: Bottle: 8-oz/236.6 ml with cap *bottles sold only as part of couplant orders
- 02-025: Dispensing faucet, plastic ¾ inch, 19 mm Fits 6-quart and 7-gallon pail lids.
- 02-024: Mixing Spoon, slotted black plastic. Essential for mixing 1-gallon packets , as the slots in the spoon promote complete mixing with reduced splashing and air bubbles
- 02-067: Paddle, 30 inch long stainless steel with perforated blade. Essential for mixing 5-gallon packets, as the perforated blade promotes complete mixing with reduced splashing and air bubbles.
- 02-065: Pail, 6-quart, plastic. The pail has a firmly attaching lid and built-in pour spout, facilitating easy filling of smaller containers. The six quart size enables mixing of the EchoMix 1-gallon packet without splashing.
- 02-068: Pail, 7-gallon, heavy duty 100 mil wall plastic. The pail has a firmly attaching lid and built-in pour spout, and enables mixing of the EchoMix 5-gallon packets without splashing.
- EchoMix® Powder Ultrasonic Couplant Product Data Sheet
- EchoMix® Clear Powder Ultrasonic Couplant Product Data Sheet
- EchoMix Clear Powder Ultrasonic Couplant Safety Data Sheet
- EchoMix® Safety Data Sheet
- EchoMix® Typical Chemical Analysis
- EchoMix® Mixing Instructions
- EchoMix Single Product Data Sheet
- EchoMix Single Safety Data Sheet