Echo Ultrasonics can help you save time by ordering direct. We stock all couplants in all container sizes and offer same day shipping with worldwide delivery.
Echo’s commitment is to provide the highest performance and safety profile ultrasonic couplant at a fair price, or 10% less than the lowest competitive price for a similar performance couplant.
Selecting the best couplant for your application can reduce your costs. Along with Echo’s lowest cost guarantee, we can help you to select the best couplant to optimize:
- price vs. performance
- longer inspection windows
- less re-application required
- broader operating range
- no residue to clean up later
Improve Safety and Performance
- SuperSoniX™: is Echo’s highest performance water-based couplant that doesn’t thin with corrosion salts and reduces the need for re-application.
- EchoPure™: is ideal for phased array (reduces artifacts) and very cold or warm inspections (-60° to 350° F / -51° to 176° C).
- EchoTherm™ Extreme: Eliminates auto-ignition risk and is safe in ports above 775°/ 412°C. Less smoke and no residue.
- VersaSonic®: is the most versatile ultrasonic couplant with two viscosities; optimizing inspections from high temperature to working in mud and snow (-10° to 750°F / -23° to 371°C).
- AUT Fluids: Echo has the broadest line of AUT fluids with several viscosities to optimize pumpability and reduce run-off.
If you haven’t tried our couplants, contact us today to speak with one of our experts. Complementary samples available.
In May of 1940, Floyd Firestone, a Professor in the department of Physics at the University of Michigan, filed US patent 2280226 in which he described an instrument for the detection of flaws and measuring thickness in metal objects. Dr. Firestone used the term “Supersonic Vibration Waves” to describe what we now refer to as pulse-echo Ultrasound Testing (UT).
The term “Supersonic Inspection” was used in reference to UT officially until the first manned aircraft flight by USAF Captain Chuck Yeager exceeded the sound barrier of 768 mph in October of 1947. Captain Yeager’s flight in the Bell X-1 “Rocket plane” became known as supersonic flight. Gradually the term Ultrasonic Testing replace d Supersonic Testing in NDT.
Echo UltraSonics® new water-based gel couplant, SuperSoniX, is named in honor of Dr. Firestone and his work which gave rise to our world of UT.
SuperSoniX is our third-generation acrylic polymer water based couplant that improves on the electrolyte stability and reduces the tendency for the polymer to collapse when exposed to corrosion or marine salts. In practice this means less reapplication of couplant during a test procedure, especially on objects that are exposed to the environment.
SuperSoniX offers several benefits, including; a broader operating range, a slower evaporation rate, a longer drying time, improved stability against corrosion salts and is environmental and operator friendly.
While many couplants will couple sound and perform adequately for the same inspection, often one will deliver performance that will make a significant improvement on inspection reproducibility and defect detection (the #1 goal of UT). The right couplant can minimize couplant re-application during an inspection, reduce total time for the inspection and lower cost. Let us recommend the most appropriate couplant for your application and temperature range.
Contact Marian (360) 671-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and free samples. We have over 50 years of history developing and manufacturing most of the couplants in use yesterday and today and can help in selecting the best couplant for your specific application.