Echo Ultrasonics can help you save time by ordering direct. We stock all couplants in all container sizes and offer same day shipping with worldwide delivery.
Echo’s commitment is to provide the highest performance and safety profile ultrasonic couplant at a fair price, or 10% less than the lowest competitive price for a similar performance couplant.
Selecting the best couplant for your application can reduce your costs. Along with Echo’s lowest cost guarantee, we can help you to select the best couplant to optimize:
- price vs. performance
- longer inspection windows
- less re-application required
- broader operating range
- no residue to clean up later
Improve Safety and Performance
- SuperSoniX™: is Echo’s highest performance water-based couplant that doesn’t thin with corrosion salts and reduces the need for re-application.
- EchoPure™: is ideal for phased array (reduces artifacts) and very cold or warm inspections (-60° to 350° F / -51° to 176° C).
- EchoTherm™ Extreme: Eliminates auto-ignition risk and is safe in ports above 775°/ 412°C. Less smoke and no residue.
- VersaSonic®: is the most versatile ultrasonic couplant with two viscosities; optimizing inspections from high temperature to working in mud and snow (-10° to 750°F / -23° to 371°C).
- AUT Fluids: Echo has the broadest line of AUT fluids with several viscosities to optimize pumpability and reduce run-off.
If you haven’t tried our couplants, contact us today to speak with one of our experts. Complementary samples available.
VersaSonic is a leading high temperature couplant, but … read how Caterpillar and power generation equipment manufacturers are using it.
Caterpillar Inc., the well-known equipment and engine manufacturer, has approved VersaSonic for use on its CAT equipment. Caterpillar is distributing VersaSonic through its dealers worldwide for UT thickness gauge inspections in harsh environments, from sub-zero to very hot conditions. VersaSonic is being distributed as Caterpillar part number 545-8721.
Power generation equipment manufacturers have approved VersaSonic for its compatibility with electrical wiring insulation for use in their power generation rotor inspections. VersaSonic does not contain water, is non-corrosive and is low in toxicity.
Acuren, Team Industrial Services, Mistras, IRIS NDT and many other inspection companies select VersaSonic for its high temperature properties and two viscosities:
- high-viscosity VersaSonic for hot piping over 350° F (177° C) and for direct placement on the transducer, and
- medium-viscosity VersaSonic for spreading on parts and at temperatures under 350° F and as low as -10° F.
The nondestructive testing industry chooses VersaSonic for its technical performance. VersaSonic has a lower rate of vaporization and evaporation above 350° F than competitive couplants, resulting in longer inspection windows and less need for reapplication of the couplant. Tests of weight loss from evaporation over time have shown that VersaSonic loses less than 1 percent of its original weight by the time the product has reached 392° F, while competing products can lose twice that amount.
VersaSonic is plant-based and biodegradable. It does not contain peanut oils, tree nut oils or silicones. Additionally, VersaSonic provides excellent corrosion inhibition for steel and cast iron and it can be left in place providing it won’t interfere with subsequent operations such as painting or electroplating. VersaSonic can be removed with a wipe from a rag or cloth; for complete removal, dish detergent and water or Echo 4HT can be used.